
Zoe started talking about her birthday cake perhaps as long ago as this past July. When anyone asked her WHEN her birthday was, she would respond by saying it would be a vanilla cake with strawberries inside and raspberries on top (which often baffled her listeners, who were expecting to hear a month and a date). Really, the cake has been the only detail about her birthday that seemed to be of any importance to her, so I worked hard to make a cake that would live up to her dream. Zoe does not like things that are super sweet, and she does not like frosting or whipped cream of any kind, nor does she like chocolate, so I wanted to come up with a cake that would go well with berries (her FAVORITE food). We settled on pound cake, and yesterday, Lester, Zoe and I made a terrific pound cake (and a few cupcakes) and Zoe was the lead designer on the floral berry decorations.



Yes, it did taste as good as it looked, and toddlers and parents alike devoured it today at the party. Most importantly, Zoe enjoyed it (usually she has one bite of a birthday cake and that's enough for her, so I'm quite pleased that she liked her own cake!).
1 comment:
It was fabulously delicious!!
Post a Comment