Saturday, July 2, 2011

Maine

We traveled to Maine in June to visit a few special people. This first series of photos is from our time with Nana in Ilesboro. We stayed with Nana's friend Barbara in a beautiful cottage on the water. The lupines were in bloom, and the beaches were incredible for finding sea glass, shells, and other treasures.

Above, Zoe enjoys the ferry ride to Ilesboro.


My highlight of this time was having 3 "grandmothers" (Diana and her 2 friends Ellie and Barbara) who were delighted to spend time with my little girl. It was a very restful vacation for me, especially since Zoe and I were traveling without Lester so I was without his help for the week.

Above, Zoe crawls through a tunnel in the climbing structure at the playground on Ilesboro. Below, I was amazed by the creative use sea glass to create a mosaic on an interior window in Barbara's cottage.
After visiting Nana and friends on Ilesboro, we headed to Bangor to visit a friend with a new baby. I was so busy helping and enjoying baby Charlie that I didn't manage to take any pictures of this part of the trip. After Bangor, we headed back down south to Cape Elizabeth, where we stayed overnight with friends Arlie and Bill. Below, Zoe plays on the cliffs near Arlie & Bill's cottage.

Arlie has been collecting sea glass at local beaches for more than 20 years, and Zoe loved exploring her sea glass collection.
Above, Arlie and Zoe enjoy time together at "the story place" and below, Bill helps Zoe look for sea glass.
The final stop on our trip was a brief visit to the Owen Farm in NH. There, Zoe got to meet a 1 day old calf, explore the chicken coop, and play with the baby chicks.


No comments: