Friday, March 11, 2011

Candyland

Baba bought Candyland for Zoe recently, and we have been playing it quite a bit. At first I was finding it so tedious, but then I got sick and it has been the perfect low key activity that Zoe and I can do together while I am not up for much else. Zoe loves every aspect of this game. She loves going backwards as much as going forwards, she loves getting stuck on the licorice space and losing a turn, she is delighted by every special card, and her favorite card is Grandma Nut. Whenever her gingerbread piece lands on any of the candy spots, she imagines that they are eating the candy and it fills her with vicarious pleasure. Another variation I have made to the game to make it more interesting for me is that we play in French. Zoe has totally embraced this, and enjoys practicing saying rouge, vert, violet, jaune, etc. Her favorite word to say is bleu. We are having a fun time with this game!

No comments: