Friday, December 19, 2008

Stomach Bugs and Snow Storms

What a week! Zoe and I both got a terrible stomach bug on Tuesday night, and Lester was already sick with a bad cold and cough, so our whole family was home sick this week. At this point Lester and I are beginning to feel better, but poor Zoe is still pretty sick. I look back at the pictures of her eating blueberries and yogurt, and I feel so sad that she hasn't been able to eat for 3 days now...poor thing! We took her to the doctor yesterday, and they say we are doing a good job keeping her hydrated and that this might last a while longer. They've seen a lot of this bug lately, and it seems to last 4 to 7 days.

Meanwhile, we've got some lovely white snow on the ground and some fresh flakes beginning to fall. We got a few inches yesterday morning, and this next storm is supposed to give us 6-10 more inches. I LOVE the snow! And Solstice is around the corner, so our days will be getting longer again...

In spite of our sickness, I am feeling tremendously grateful - for good friends and family who keep calling to check in on us, for a job with paid sick days, for having the resources and medical support to take such good care of our sick child, for living in this gorgeous winter wonderland...life is good!

No comments: