A couple of weeks ago we said goodbye to some dear friends, Lisa and John Power and their son Kaden. Lisa and I met in pre-natal yoga along with 3 other of my dear mama friends Debbie, Hannah, and Jenny. The 5 of us birthed our babies within 4 months of each other, and our 5 families spent a lot of time together supporting each other through those early months of learning to care for our babies and ourselves. Our 5 families used to get together on a weekly basis for potlucks, we founded a yahoo group for new parents in the Brattleboro area which is now over 100 members strong and growing, and our partners got together to support each other as well. Nearly 3 years later, our busy lives prevent us from getting together quite as often but I still feel very connected to each of these families. It is sad to say goodbye to the Power family...it's a little like the end of an era. I hope that John, Lisa, and Kaden make strong connections in Colorado, and I will never forget how important all of these families have been for me as I found my way along the path of motherhood.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Bye, bye Kaden, Lisa, and John!
A couple of weeks ago we said goodbye to some dear friends, Lisa and John Power and their son Kaden. Lisa and I met in pre-natal yoga along with 3 other of my dear mama friends Debbie, Hannah, and Jenny. The 5 of us birthed our babies within 4 months of each other, and our 5 families spent a lot of time together supporting each other through those early months of learning to care for our babies and ourselves. Our 5 families used to get together on a weekly basis for potlucks, we founded a yahoo group for new parents in the Brattleboro area which is now over 100 members strong and growing, and our partners got together to support each other as well. Nearly 3 years later, our busy lives prevent us from getting together quite as often but I still feel very connected to each of these families. It is sad to say goodbye to the Power family...it's a little like the end of an era. I hope that John, Lisa, and Kaden make strong connections in Colorado, and I will never forget how important all of these families have been for me as I found my way along the path of motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment